Genotyping Only Projects: Genotyping Arrays
Illumina microarray kits offer a variety of targeted content and genomic coverage to enable identification of a variety of disease-specific and population-specific targets. This allows for expanded genomic coverage for genome-wide association studies, identification of specific sets of targeted SNPs and methylation profiling. Some of the more common array kits include:
- Global Screening Array: https://www.illumina.com/content/dam/illumina-marketing/documents/products/datasheets/infinium-global-screening-array-data-sheet-370-2016-016.pdf
- Global Diversity Array: https://www.illumina.com/content/dam/illumina-marketing/documents/products/datasheets/infinium-global-diversity-array-data-sheet-370-2019-003.pdf
- Human OmniExpress: https://www.illumina.com/documents/products/product_information_sheets/product_info_humanomniexpress.pdf
- Human Omni 2.5: https://www.illumina.com/content/dam/illumina-marketing/documents/products/datasheets/datasheet_human_omni2.5.pdf
- Human OmniExpress + Exome: https://www.illumina.com/content/dam/illumina-marketing/documents/products/datasheets/datasheet-human-omni-express-exome.pdf
For a full list of available Infinium Microarrays, please visit the Illumina website:
The Illumina Infinium MethylationEPIC kit offers the ability to detect 850,000 methylation sites quantitatively across the genome at single-nucleotide resolution. This high throughput assay enables genome-wide coverage of CpG sites, differentially methylated sites, enhancers, promoters and genes, suitable for epigenome-wide association studies. We use the Illumina-recommended ZYMO Research EZ-96 DNA Methylation kit to perform bisulfite conversion prior to the Infinium assay.
For more information on this array kit, please visit:
TaqMan OpenArray gene expression assays are performed using the Thermo Fisher QuantStudio 12k Flex rt-PCR with the AccuFill System. Thermo Fisher has 4.5 million pre-designed genotyping assays to choose from, with the flexibility to create custom OpenArray plates, designed to fit your project needs.
For a full description of the Thermo Fisher OpenArray technologies, please visit: